31 juli 2012

Pretty easy tape

Inspired by something I had pinned on Pinterest, I decided to make my own washi tape this afternoon.
It is so easy and fast too. My kind of project!
You'll need a pair of scissors, paper you'd like to turn into tape and one roll of double sided tissue tape.
My tape is 10m x 12mm and cost me €0,31.
Since you tape is double  sided, one side of the tape will have paper on it to protect the stickiness of the tape. Do not remove this paper until you're actually going to use your washi tape!
Stick the non-paper side of the tape on your paper of choice. Press to make sure it's really stuck.
Cut your taped piece of paper from the rest of the paper and you're done! Now you have a piece of tape in the length of your paper. That was easy, huh?
To make your tape more interesting, use all kinds of paper. I love my old map tape and fabric tape. I also made some out of an old book! If you're feeling super creative, you could even draw or write on your paper tape. That would be pretty cool, wouldn't it?
I used some of my freshly baked tape to decorate this little journal I had lying around. I love the result!
Now that I don't need to buy expensive store tapes, I might even join this contest from the HEMA.
What would you decorate with tape to win this contest?

xx


4 opmerkingen:

  1. Super cute!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat leuk om te doen!
    De naam van je blog is trouwens ook super cute!

    xoxo Roxanne

    http://lavieandmode.blogspot.nl/

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen