17 december 2012

Citytrip: Cologne

Hi guys!

First of all I want to thank you all for the kind comments on my video. More are coming soon hopefully, since I plan on making some time for filming in the Christmas holidays.
Speaking of Christmas: I am getting in the mood! I put up some lights and a small Christmastree in my room, and there's instant Christmas cheer (and a lot of fake snow on my carpet...).
And what can add to that? A trip to Cologne of course!
The student society had organised a one-day trip to Cologne and since I'd never been there I signed up for it. It was a great day, even though we had to get up at 6:30...
The first thing we did was climbing the Dom of Cologne, which had around 500 steps. I actually surprised myself by not getting out of breath, since I have the stamina of a strawberry. It was a bright day and the view was gorgeous!
Next up was the Ludwig Museum. Such an awesome collection!
They are known for their large collection of Picasso, and guys, I've seen my first Picasso ceramics this weekend in Cologne!
They also had works from: Malevitch, Louise Bourgeois, Jimmie Durham, Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, Roy Lichtenstein, David Hockney and many, many, many more. You could say I've had my art-fix for the next couple of weeks.
At this point the entire group was getting some what tired, so we were done with the culturally responsible part of the day. All we wanted were bratwurst, glühwein and ugly christmas decorations. Off to the famous Köln Weihnachtsmarkt we went!
Yeah, we mostly bought food, but I got a little star for my parents' Christmastree and a little elephant for my grandparents, since they collect those.
And that was Cologne for me! I hope I will return one day!

P.S. Oh, my, my brain was NOT working that day! I have lost my dad's camera, a ring and my wallet at some point that day. Luckily I have found them all back... I hate it when I have those days!


3 opmerkingen: