28 mei 2013

Perfume: The Story of a Giftcard


Ahem... Today, I want to tell you the sad, sad story of a giftcard. It was given to a girl in 2011, because her boss wanted to give his employees something nice for Christmas. The girl took the giftcard home, and it was very excited to be redeemed for a beautiful item at the perfume shop!
Time passed and the giftcard got worried: 'Has she forgotten me? I have been in this bloody box for over a year!'.
Meanwhile, the girl was still wearing some cheap perfume she had had for years and had completely forgotten about her sad, little giftcard...

Long story short, I found a giftcard for perfume in my cabinet! Yay!
Next question: which one should I buy?
I have sniffed peoples necks, and collected suggestions, so I thought it would be fun to share them here with you.



BĂ©yonce- Heat
I know someone who sprays this perfume in her hair and it smells a-ma-zing! The scent is very sweet, but not in a bad and overpowering way. I hope she doesn't mind it if I buy this perfume too...

Thierry Mugler- Alien
I have discovered that it is pretty hard to write about scents. How can you describe a scent? The website say it smells flowery. Still the website talking: the scent is soft but powerful at the same time (?), like a flower which symbolizes full femininity (??)... Alright then. 
I remember someone wore it and told me it was this scent, and I have always kept it in the back of my head. So I guess it must have smelled good!

Lady Gaga- The Fame
Another singer! Although I don't particularly like Lady Gaga's music, I know this is a very nice perfume. In fact, I almost bought it once without knowing it was hers! Also: the bottle looks rad and the fact the perfume is black makes it even radder.

Marc Jacobs- Daisy
To be honest, I don't really care what this smells like. I am simply going to like it for the super cute perfume bottle. Aand I might give this a sniff the next time I encounter it in a shop. Let's hope the inside is as nice as the outside.

Chanel- Coco Mademoiselle
This is not a realistic option, 'cuz I'm a poor student etc. 
Just look at it for a second, though. I want this to be next to my other perfumes. I want to be the girl who sprays this behind her ears every morning, while looking at the Eiffel Tower from her window. And then buys a croissant at the boulangerie around the corner.
This is not just a bottle full of smells! This is a bottle full of dreams.

And now I am curious: what is your signature scent?
xx







Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen